Over the next seven days, you can be pretty sure this blog is going to be all about the Kickstarter campaign, and what we are doing with it. Tune in each day and don’t just watch this, chip in if you see something we should change!
WHAT WE ARE CREATING:
A viral Kickstarter campaign that funds cameras and production costs for the Documentary about Startup Island.
KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGNS ARE COMPRISED OF:
A video, a body of text, and several levels of money that can be “pledged” to fund a campaign.
OUR CURRENT VIDEO STATUS IS:
Craig Weisman is going to open with an audio recording on a black background:
“Our team is building this campaign from the ground up. That means no video, because not everyone has a camera and no editing, because not everyone has editing software. Startup Island believes anyone can change the world. But it’s not enough to just believe it: we’re going to prove it. Enjoy the video.”
It then has several slides and screens of animated text played to an awesome song called, “Sunrise” from the Yeasayers. We are not just saying download it because they are in our video, but the band is actually really cool and out to change the music scene.
It closes with something epic. SO EPIC.
HOW ARE WE MAKING THE VIDEO:
- We were all using Google Hangout to work realtime.
- We are using Apple’s Keynote, which we then record using Presentation Record to make the sick transitions.
- Each slide is designed with Adobe Fireworks CS4.
WHAT IS NEXT?:
Tomorrow we are writing out the intro, engaging networks, and shooting more video. Big big day.
Remember to like our Facebook page, and use the #islandswag tag to see the awesome rewards as we build them.
The 99Designs contest was EXCELLENT, and we are totally stoked about the design. Almost forgot about it in the rush of preparing out Kickstarter campaign (which is going to be insanity). The other thing is we have been toying around with the concept of STARTUP ISLAND ZOMBIES, and after this domina I think it should by 99 Zombies, which essentially involves us making cubicle life literally more exciting by:
1. Going to a really dry and boring business, with poor people stuck in cubciles blinded by paychecks.
2. Half of us decked out in Startup Island swag sprint through the office asking our primary question of everyone—if you had one more year left, and you died, is what your doing right now enough to give the world?—-15 minutes in a team composed of the other half dressed as zombies invade the office.
3. If you want 99ZOMBIES to come too your office let us know. It would definitely give you some excitement for the day, but what if at that exact time, the real (and inevitable) zombie apocalypse came…